Experienced with over 20 years of success in web development, design, standards and marketing in both corporate and entrepreneurial environments. My abilities include Information Design and Usability Specialist with a strong focus on Accessibility, Management and personnel skills with Customer and Vendor Relations, Project Coordination, and Internet Technologies. I have extremely strong skills in personnel, organization, advertising, graphic arts, project conception, design, and execution.
CATALYST STUDIO INC.
JUL 2007 - OCT 2009
Web Development and Design
Web Site and Application Development and Design.
- Created project scopes and bids for various web sites and applications.
- Implemented and trained employees in code and design standards in accordance to the W3C, Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, along with Usability guidelines.
- Created databases and set up Content Management Systems (CRMs) for our clients.
- Developed CRMs using Drupal, Joomla, and Typolight.
- Responsible for Module assessment and testing for CRMs.
- Created logo and branding designs along with guiding standards for proper design.
- Created design templates for Drupal and Typolight.
- Lead in marketing strategies for our customers including social networking campaigns.
- Created and monitored Google analytics and campaigns.
- Trained employees in CSS, and XHTML standards
- Flash programming and design.
- Web site designs and coded sites in accordance to standards set by the W3C and Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
FEB 2006 - FEB 2007
Managed the Graphical Design Department.
- Brought the department back into delivering projects on time and kept it there.
- Insured design quality and standards according to the W3C, Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Usability guidelines.
- Assigned and scheduled projects to designers and updated project status at each milestone.
- Over saw logo design and branding designs and trained designers in the subject.
- Trained designers in PhotoShop CS2, Illustrator, CSS, and XHTML.
- Flash 8 programming and design.
- Worked with Marketing in the creation of CTAs (Call to Actions) and other graphical marketing design elements.
- Managed all company printed marketing materials and brochures including magazine advertisements layout & design.
- Worked with my Director in procedures for the rest of the Production Department, including Account Executives, Site Coders, and Marketing.
- Created web site designs and coded when necessary.
FREELANCE & CONTRACT
SEPT 2003 - FEB 2006
Web Design & Graphics
Contract Web Design and Marketing for Various Fortune 500 Corporations & Customers.
- Contract work coding Flash tutorials for major corporations
- Contract work coding Flash tutorials
for major corporations
- Flash MX programming and design
- Internet marketing and promotions
- Logo design and branding
- Handled Customer Service, inquiries,
- Creation of printed marketing materials
DIAMOND JIMM’S (NIGHT CLUB),
JUL 2002 – FEB 2003
Director of Media and Marketing/Manager/Bartender
Responsible for all marketing and advertising
and for managing the employees and the day-to-day
operations of the club.
- Brought the club out of near bankruptcy
and closing and into a profitable position
in only three months time and without
the benefit of an advertising budget.
- Implemented and lead weekly management
and employee meetings. Increased management
and employee productivity through organization
and procedural processes.
- Created and maintained the website and
through persistent use of the internet,
targeted our customer base through the
use of free listings on high traffic websites,
newsgroups, Yahoo groups, and chat groups.
With the result of increasing our head
count and our own web site’s traffic.
- Planned and executed events to draw
customers and create awareness, and ingratiate
ourselves, in the community. Procured
sponsors and coordinated with vendors
and community advertisers for free publicity
and products. All the while increasing
our networking sources in the media and
- Implemented branding, and insured it’s
consistency, through out all advertising
and marketing material.
- Designed all printed advertisements.
Created all the graphics and wrote copy
for all publications.
- Lead in the creation of the procedural
manual for staff and management.
- Acted as liaison between the owner and
managers and the employees and handled
UBSW ENERGY/ENRON NETWORKS,
JULY 2000 – SEPT 2002
Sr. Specialist Web Developer
Lead the in the assessment of the scope
of projects. Researched for best technology
solution. Defined the scope of the project.
Set standards for all elements having to
do with project design from the front-end
aspect, which included functionality and
usability to code formatting and graphic
creation. Insured design integrity and consistency
through out the development cycles.
- Actualized the conception, recommendations,
specification, and design of the East
Power Intranet and for supporting the
Gas Intranet resulting in an increase
of efficiency of 95%.
- Worked closely with the C# and ASP coders
to insure coding standards, design integrity
and consistency, and usability of the
- Wrote coding specifications and was
responsible for insurance of coding specifications
and formatting consistency.
- Assured usability issues and functionality
of site layouts and navigation.
- Lead the development for all user interfaces
of all in-house programs. Worked with
the programmers and wrote specifications
for front-end design of applications.
- Designed Graphical User Interface for
applications, their navigation, and functionality.
Created Graphics for User interface of
- Responsible for researching and investigated
new technologies and applications to be
considered for The Power and Gas Intranets.
Wrote reports on findings of research
and presented them for consideration or
- Created the “Three Week Weather
Forecast” Flash application. Application
displayed temperatures and forecasts for
32 cities from four different sources
in real time. Accessed through a graphical
- Created the “Nuclear Information”
Flash application. Displayed real-time
current information as to the status,
outages and maintenance of each region
and individual plant. Along with the owner
and electric utility information associated
with each plant and historical information.
Utilizing a graphical interface.
- Created the “Hydro Electric”
Flash application. Displayed real-time
current information as to the current
flow rates, outages, output, and overall
status of each hydroelectric plant along
with historical information. All in an
interactive graphical interface.
- Developed a full-featured chat module
specifically for technical analysis, in
Flash. (Chat server also developed in
- Facilitated the move from Enron Corp
to UBSW Energy. Inventoried all applications,
files, data, and technology for transfer
to UBSW Energy. Insured licenses for software
JAN – JUN 2000
Manager of Website Development
Created and managed the Internet Services
STRATEGIC NETWORK CONSULTING, INC.
1997 – 2000
Head of Graphics and Lead Web Designer
In charge of all design elements and user
interfaces in e-commerce sites.
LANTEL COMMUNICATION, INC.
1994 – 1997
Company Superintendent / Head of Web Development
PRE – 1994
- Company Superintendent for Da-tel
- Counselor for the South Plains AIDS
Resource Center, in Lubbock TX
- Company Superintendent for Kan-Do Maintenance
- Network Services at Pennzoil.
- Office Manager for Farm Credit Banks
- Assistant Manager for Wild Pair
Member of NAPP (National Association of PhotoShop Professionals)
Texas School of Bartending
Construx Software Builders
Connect Learning, LLC
CBT System Courses certifications
PhotoShop CS2 Power Work Shop
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
Ace Programming for the Twenty-First Century
Beginning, intermediate and advanced ActionScripting
Completion of advance Flash lab.
Internet Security: An Overview.
E-commerce: An Introduction.
Advance Web Authoring: SSI.
Advance Web Authoring: CGI and PERL.
Advance Web Authoring: Java.
Internet Security: An Overview.
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced Photoshop.
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced Illustrator.
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced Corel
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced PageMaker
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced HTML.
Novell Introduction to Networking.
Novell Networking Technologies.
You can download a printable copy of this resume.
Home << Resume >> Design >> Gallery >> Art Work >> Contact